The world of trading is full of risks and uncertainties. Experience expertise, observational skills, and luck are all required to be successful in trading. There is no shortcut, no formula, or no exact recipe for success in this profession. The more you learn, gain experience, and educate yourself, the better you perform. A good sight or markets is key, that’s where good trading monitors come in!
However, there is also an important factor that should also be part of the equation. That is technology. You need to have the right tools and equipment in addition to having experience, skills, and luck.
Trading screens are among the most important tools you need to have for better performance. They help you in your trading endeavor on daily basis. In fact, having one of the best trading screens transform your overall trading activities. In today’s post, we are going to discuss all you need to know about trading monitors. We are also going to enlist the 7 best monitors for trading. These are among the best trading monitors. Although trading screens don’t guarantee success, they will surely lead you to better performance and make profitable trades.
How do I choose a trading monitor?
Everything that glitters is not gold. The maxim states the ultimate truth. You don’t need to buy a trading screen with a beautiful design. There are certain important factors that you need to consider when planning to buy one of the best trading screens. The following factors are required for a trading monitor to get on the list of the best trading monitors.
1. Display size
The first important thing you need to consider is the display size of your trading screen. There is no ideal size and it depends on the individual needs and preferences of a trader. Typically, a screen size between 23 inches and 28 inches is a good size for a trader. If you prefer a big screen size, then anything near or above 43 inches is a good option for you.
Resolution is another key factor that you need to consider. The resolution of your trading monitor determines the quality, clarity, visual accuracy, and comfortable display. High resolution means better quality display. As clear and crisp picture quality is paramount for traders, higher resolution monitors are best for traders. 4K resolution screens are available that ensure full-HD display. You can also purchase a 2K resolution screen as well. However, 4K resolution screens can also be used for enjoying movies or playing video games during your leisure time.
Connectivity is another integral feature and trading screens must have different connectivity options. The best trading monitor comes with HDMI and VGA ports as well as ports where you can attach MacBooks, laptops, etc.
Traders also need to carefully consider the features of a monitor before buying it. There are some important features like contrast ratio, input/output options, inbuilt speakers, etc.
5. Contrast ratio
The contrast ratio is a crucial aspect of display quality. It indicates the depths of blacks. A higher contrast ratio means deeper blacks and deeper blacks mean better display quality. Therefore, your trading screen must have a higher contrast ratio, especially if you prefer to work in a dark room.
6. Response time/Refresh rate
Response time, also known as refresh rate, indicates the rate at which the display refreshes in one second. The display is better and smoother if the refresh rate is higher. However, screens with higher response time or refresh rate are expensive. Traders can afford to ignore response time as trading doesn’t require a high refresh rate. It is a crucial feature for gamers after all. Therefore, you don’t need to spend extra money on this feature. A display refresh rate between 60Hz to 75Hz is more than enough for traders.
7. Viewing angle
The viewing angle is the maximum angle where you can still clearly watch the display on a screen. The image quality degrades beyond the viewing angle. Therefore, traders need to have a screen at their disposal that offers a wide viewing angle.
Professional traders who need to use screens for the most part of the day. They need a screen that offers the best ergonomic features.
The first most important feature is eye care. Eye protection technology ensures appropriate lighting that causes minimal stress. Similarly, a blue light filter is another good feature for eye protection. Monitor screens emit blue light which is a type of high-energy light and causes a lot of eye strain as well as adverse effects on sleep. Therefore, a trading screen that offers maximum eye care and protects from blue light suits traders.
Secondly, the design of the monitor also affects comfort during trading. You don’t want to strain your neck and head just like you don’t want to stress your eyes. Therefore, the design of the monitor must be ergonomically best. Key ergonomic features are height adjustments, pivot, tilt, etc. These features help you in avoiding stress on your eyes, head, and neck. These features bring more efficiency and productivity during trading hours.
Why do traders need multiple monitors?
Knowledge is power and a knowledgeable professional enjoys more success. Multiple monitors mean access to multiple sources of knowledge simultaneously. Having access to more knowledge simultaneously enables you to make timely and accurate trading decisions. That is the benefit of using multiple monitors.
Now imagine that you are using a single monitor for your trading activities. As a trader, you need to constantly analyze price data, track markets, read news, study key metrics, and so on. That means you need to switch between four or five different tabs. It wastes a lot of your time. And unfortunately, you cannot afford to waste even a second in trading. Why so? Because trading is an arena where you can make or lose a fortune in just one second. Your ability to respond in real-time and make instant but informed trading decisions brings success.
Multiple monitors mean multiple screens to display all important information at the same time. It saves a lot of your time while gives you access to multiple sources of knowledge simultaneously. Moreover, multiple monitors also help you avoid excessive strain on your eyes, head, and neck that comes with watching a single screen for hours.
There is another question that people often ask. Do multiple monitors make us better traders? The answer to this question is “yes.” Multiple monitors make you a better trader. Multiple monitors not only empower you to make real-time trading decisions but also offer better ergonomic conditions.
Is a curved monitor good for trading?
Traders need one of the best trading monitors for good trading. All the best monitors offer the best picture quality, high resolution, portability, and other such features. Moreover, large screen sizes make charts more precise, enable you to see more details, and put on more individual charts. All these specifications are important. Is a curved screen good for trading? Not necessarily. It doesn’t make much difference whether the screen is flat or curved as far as trading is concerned. However, it is also a matter of personal liking and preferences. If a trader likes curved screens, it is good then.
The 7 best-shortlisted models
The current wave in the world of technology has brought numerous options for professionals. Similarly, the world of technology has several remarkable options for traders. To find the best monitors for trading requires some research. However, the following list of the best screens for traders will help you save your precious time.
1. Dell UltraSharp U2412M Monitors (24”) (or U2415 as a pair)
Dell is a brand that needs no introduction. Everything that has a logon of Dell on it means the best quality product with the best features. Dell is also among the pioneers in the field of communication electronics. The brand manufactures laptops, computers, and other products of supreme quality. Dell is also in the business of manufacturing high-quality monitors. Each new model by Dell exceeds its predecessor in features and specifications. Dell UltraSharp U2412M Monitor is another outstanding screen by Dell. You can also buy them in pairs as well.
Dell UltraSharp U2412M Monitor offers the following unmatchable features.
- Design – The design of the Dell UltraSharp U2412M Monitor is beautiful. It gives you the ultimate flexibility and customizability as you can adjust it according to your own preferences.
- Display – 24” 16:10 panel and 1920 × 1200 at 60Hz resolution ensures an extremely clear picture quality.
- Viewing angle – Offers a wide vertical/horizontal viewing angle of 178/178 degrees.
- Other features – 24 inches screen size, 1920 × 1200 resolution, 1 DisplayPort, 4 USB ports, and 1 VGA port are among the other commendable features.
Dell UltraSharp U2412M Monitor is a great economical option for traders. Its high resolution and spectacular display make it one of the most coveted screens for traders. Dell UltraSharp U2412M Monitor helps traders read and observe charts closely on a clear screen. It also offers a wide viewing angle and you can watch screens from almost every angle. Dell UltraSharp U2412M also brings unmatchable portability with different options. In short, it is a complete package for traders and that’s why it is one of the best monitors for traders.
The price of the Dell UltraSharp U2412M Monitor is $230 approximately.
- Elegant but durable
- Spectacular display
- Unmatchable portability
- Adjustable tilt and height
- Comparatively small size
2. HP VH240a 23.8″ Full HD 1080p IPS LED Monitor
HP is another big player in the market of monitors and screens. The brand is widely popular across the globe for manufacturing standard products. HP manufactures the most powerful laptops. They aren’t behind in other products either. HP has been manufacturing monitors of the finest quality. HP VH240a 23.8″ Full HD 1080p IPS LED Monitor is among HP’s finest monitors. It is a feature-rich model that offers a lot for your trading.
HP VH240a 23.8″ Full HD 1080p IPS LED Monitor comes with the following astonishing features.
- Design – The design of HP VH240a 23.8″ Full HD 1080p IPS LED Monitor is among the most attractive and engaging monitors currently available in the market. The attractive ultra-slim design is space-saving and astonishingly decorates your workstation as well.
- Viewing angle – IPS technology has a wide viewing angle of 178 degrees.
- Eye protection – HP used anti-glare technology and blue-light filters to offer maximum eye protection.
- Other features – 23.8 inches screen size, 1920 × 1180 resolution, ultra-slim bezel, 1 HDMI port, and VGA port, and built-in speakers are among the other commendable features.
HP VH240a Monitor is among the best trading monitors. It is a great option for traders looking for multiple monitors set up. It is small and its ultra-slim design enables you to mount it and save a lot of space. HP VH240a Monitor is also light in weight that makes it ideal for mounting on a wall. Moreover, HP VH240a Monitor also comes with a 100 m VISA mounting pattern. Therefore, it is among the screens that are extremely easy to mount.
HP VH240a Monitor offers mesmerizing picture quality, thanks to its high resolution. It also offers a wide viewing angle. Ergonomically, it is also the best option for traders. HP used anti-glare technology to protect your eyes. It also offers 4-way viewing which is extremely good ergonomically. HP VH240a Monitor also offers great connectivity options. To sum up, HP VH240a Monitor is among the best screens for trading because of multiple commendable features.
The price of the HP VH240a Monitor is $280 approximately.
- Beautiful and space-saving design
- Ergonomically best
- High resolution
- Wide viewing angle because of the latest IPS technology
- Best in terms of connectivity
- Small screen size
3. Samsung CHG90 Series 49” Curved Monitor
Samsung is among the pioneers in technology and innovation. From smartphones to home appliances and from wearables to screens, everything rolls off the production floor of this brand. Samsung CHG90 Series 49” Curved Monitor is an astonishing product by Samsung.
Its mesmerizing features are;
- Design – The design of the Samsung CHG90 Series 49” Curved Monitor is astonishingly attractive and engaging. The groundbreaking ultra-slim curved design fills your workstation.
- Curved screen – The ultra-large curved screen allows you to watch your charts and patterns in their entirety. The curved panel immerses you in your trading endeavor.
- Colors –Quantum Dot Technology brings a billion shades of color for you. Quantum Dot makes sure that traders never miss a single trendline or a single candlestick pattern on the screen.
- Other features – 49 inches screen size, High Dynamic Range (HDR), ultra-slim bezel, and Height Adjustable Stand are other worthwhile features.
Samsung CHG90 deserves traders’ attention because of its outstanding specifications. If you are looking for a large screen for your trading, there is no need to look anywhere else. Samsung CHG90’s curved screen with a height-adjustable stand is perfect for your workstation. It is equivalent to 16:9 monitors. 144Hz fresh rate is unmatchable and gives you a whole new experience. Moreover, Quantum Dot Technology makes picture quality lifelike. In short, Samsung CHG90 Series 49” Curved Monitor is among the best trading monitors for traders who can afford this and have enough space in their workstations.
The price of the Samsung CHG90 Series 49” Curved Monitor is $1,100 approximately.
- Attractive curved design
- Remarkable specifications
- Astonishing picture quality
- Height adjustable stand
- HDR and high refresh rate
- Ultra-wide screen
- Expensive option
- Covers extra space
4. LG 34UC99-W 34” Curved Monitor
LG is another big name in the world of technology and innovation. It is making people’s lives better and easy by manufacturing the highest quality electronics. Beautiful, stylish, and innovative are the words that better define LG’s products. The brand is also manufacturing dazzling and feature-rich monitors. LG 34UC99-W 34” Curved Monitor is a beauty that can easily become the darling of all traders across the globe. Not just traders, it is a spectacular piece that is good for enjoying games and movies.
LG 34UC99-W 34” Curved Monitor offers the following key features.
- Design – The design of LG 34UC99-W 34” Curved Monitor is nothing less than stylish and elegant. The attractive ultra-slim design but the ultra-wide size makes your workstation look spectacular.
- Display controls –OnScreen Controls enable users to change screen configurations and display settings with ease. There is also a Screen Split feature that allows users to split screens for multitasking and organized trading activities.
- sRGB – sRGBover 99% makes LG 34UC99-W 34” Curved Monitor display highly accurate colors.
- Other features – 34 inches screen size, 3440 × 1440 resolution, 5M:1contrast ratio, ultra-slim bezel, 178/178 viewing angle, 2 HDMI ports, 2 Thunderbolt ports, and 3 USB ports are other key features.
LG 34UC99-W 34” Curved Monitor is among the best trading monitors because of the above features. There is hardly a disadvantage to this remarkable screen. LG 34UC99-W has a superb design with a curved screen and ultra-slim bezels. The large screen not only is extremely useful for trading but also complements workstation decor. LG 34UC99-W offers the best display as well that traders require for accurate reading of the charts and patterns. The highest resolution and sRGBmakes picture quality as clear as crystals. The screen height and tilt can also be adjusted for convenience and relaxation. LG 34UC99-W is also one of the best in terms of portability. It comes with multiple ports that allow traders to easily link different devices. In short, LG 34UC99-W is one of the best options for traders.
The price of LG 34UC99-W is $1,000 approximately.
- Highly accurate colors
- Splendid design
- Ultra-wide screen
- Height and tilt adjustable
- Wide viewing angle
- Lots of portability options
- Slightly expensive
- Covers too much space
5. Philips 276E8VJSB 27” 4K UHD IPS Monitor
Philips is a brand that needs no introduction. The brand is widely known for manufacturing high-quality electronics. Philips 276E8VJSB 27” 4K UHD IPS Monitor is yet another extraordinary product by Philips. It offers a lot to traders who want an ergonomically best trading monitor for convenience.
Philips 276E8VJSB 27” 4K UHD IPS Monitor is among the best trading screens because of the following remarkable features.
- Design – The design of Philips 276E8VJSB 27” 4K UHD IPS Monitor is attractive and engaging. The attractive ultra-slim design saves a lot of space and also gives a unique look to your workstation.
- Viewing angle – Its IPS technology ensures a wide viewing angle of 178/178 degrees.
- Eye protection – Philips used flicker-free technology and blue-light filters to offer maximum eye protection.
- Other features – 27 inches screen size, 3840 × 2160 resolution, ultra-slim bezel, 2 HDMI ports, and 10-bit colors are other worthwhile features.
Philips 276E8VJSB 27” 4K UHD IPS Monitor offers the best technical aspects. Its ultra-slim design allows you to easily mount it on your wall. The high resolution ensures the highly clear image quality. It offers the clarity that you need to read your trading charts and patterns. Ergonomically, Philips 276E8VJSB 27” 4K UHD IPS Monitor is also one of the best trading monitors. It protects your eyes and enables you to sit before your screen for as long as you want.
Philips 276E8VJSB 27” 4K UHD IPS Monitor is available at $330 approximately.
- Elegant design
- Ergonomically best
- The highest resolution
- IPS technology that ensures a wide viewing angle
- Best in terms of connectivity
- 4-years warranty
- A bit expensive as compared to other screens
6. BenQ 24” 1080p IPS Monitor
Let’s go into details about the BenQ 24” 1080p IPS Monitoris by BenQ. BenQ is a multinational company from Taiwan and is in the business of making computers and communication electronics. The company is hugely popular all across the globe for manufacturing high-quality products. BenQ 24” 1080p IPS Monitor is another astonishing product by BenQ. It brings a lot for traders and investors who need a supreme quality screen for their trading endeavors.
BenQ 24” 1080p IPS Monitor is among the best screens for trading because of the following key features.
- Design – The design of the BenQ 24” 1080p IPS Monitor is elegant and extremely beautiful. The attractive ultra-slim design not only saves space but also complements the decor of your workstation.
- Viewing angle –It comes with IPS technology and offers a wide viewing angle of 178 degrees.
- Eye care technology and blue light filter –The state-of-the-art eye care technology, zero-flicker, and blue light filter offer maximum eye protection.
- Other features – 24 inches screen size, 1920 × 1080 resolution, ultra-slim bezel, built-in speakers, and integrated cable management system are other worthwhile features.
All the technical aspects of the BenQ 24” 1080p IPS Monitor are exceptional. 24-inch screen size with a wide viewing angle allows you to watch your charts from wherever you are seated. Its ultra-slim bezel and high resolution ensure an extraordinary display. When it comes to eye protection, there is hardly a screen better than BenQ 24” 1080p IPS Monitor. It also offers other rare features such as built-in speakers and an integrated cable management system.
BenQ 24” 1080p IPS Monitor is available at $300 approximately.
- Maximum eye protection
- High resolution
- Wide viewing angle
- Elegant design
- Integrated management system
- Economical price
- Screen height isn’t adjustable
7. Dell S Series LED-Lit Monitor 32” (S3219D)
Dell’s other screen that demands traders’ attention is Dell S Series LED-Lit Monitor 32”. Dell manufactured this model with a particular focus on the needs of traders. Again, the quality of the screen is awesomely impressive. Design, technical specifications, portability, ergonomics, and wall mounting – there is everything you need.
Dell S Series LED-Lit Monitor 32” makes its place in this list of the best screens for traders because of the following features.
- Design – The design is splendid and extremely beautiful. The attractive ultra-slim design with ultrathin bezels beautifies your workstation.
- Display – 2560 × 1440 resolution with large format and the colorful display is a phenomenal feature.
- Eye care technology – The state-of-the-art anti-glare screen protects your eyes and prevents you from headaches and eye strain caused by excessive use of screens.
- Other features – 32 inches screen size, ultra-slim bezel, built-in Dual 5W speakers, and wall-mountable design, and lots of ports are other worthwhile features.
Dell S Series LED-Lit Monitor 32” is another screen that indicates how good dell is in manufacturing the best monitors. This particular model has a beautiful as well as wall-mountable design. You can easily set up this screen along with other monitors. High resolution and colorful displays enable you to watch your charts, patterns, and data on a crystal clear screen. The anti-glare screen is also ergonomically ideal. Moreover, Dell S Series LED-Lit Monitor 32” offers the maximum portability. 2 HDMI ports, 5 audio lines out ports, multiple USB ports, and 2 charging ports just make your trading easier.
The price of Dell S Series LED-Lit Monitor 32” is $530 approximately.
- The best picture quality
- Maximum eye protection
- Energy-saving screen
- Ultrathin bezels
- Built-in speakers of the best quality
- Wall-mountable design
- Cannot be tilted
How to set up your monitors?
When it comes to the setup of your monitors, there are several different ways to do it.
- Traders using less than four screens typically use original stands. On the other hand, traders using more than four monitors should use a VESA mount. A best VESA mount helps traders make the most of space in their trading stations.
- Some traders connect a separate monitor to a Bloomberg terminal on one side and another separate laptop or desktop computer to their multiple monitors on the other side.
- Some traders also prefer to work on a separate computer or a desktop and group their monitors by market movers, watchlists, trading timeframes, and so on. They also set up custom alarms that go off whenever certain conditions are fulfilled. It helps them never to miss anything worthwhile.
No matter how you set up your monitors in your workstation, it is important to consider the following key factors.
- Different monitor stands –VESA-compatible stands are often recommended by experts. These stands are among the best. You should buy a stand according to your individual needs. For example, if you are a trader who uses only two screens, you can buy a VESA stand that supports two screens. However, you can also choose a stand with four or six mount options. It will help you add new screens in the future as your trading business expands.
- USB connector –If you have multiple monitors and don’t have enough ports on your computer, you need a USB connector. It helps you attach multiple screens to your trading computer.
- Ergonomics –Your convenience is also important and you need to consider ergonomics as well. You should set up your screens in such a way that gives you freedom and flexibility to adjust the height or tilt screens according to your preferences.
Final thoughts about trading monitors
Trading screens are gateways to trading for traders. It is absolutely imperative for traders to choose one of the best screens for trading. Trading screens that promise the highest possible picture quality and the ultimate functionality are the best for traders.
Every trader understands the fact that trading on a poor-quality screen is tiresome and fatiguing. Ergonomics is crucial as well. No one wants to strain the neck, head, and eyes. Everyone wants a trading screen that offers maximum eye protection. Moreover, height and tilt adjustable monitors are ergonomically best.
So, make sure the screen you are going to buy is really worth it? Will it transform the way you trade or will it prove tiresome and fatiguing? Our shortlisted trading monitors are among the very best trading screens. If you are planning to buy one of the best screens for trading, our guide is the best place to start. Read through the list above, think, rethink, and make a wise decision as it is a matter of your profession.