TradingView is one of the best stock screeners available in the market. More than thirty million traders and investors are currently using this platform.
That means TradingView (sometimes referred as TV) is quite popular among traders and investors. However, a pertinent question is “is TradingView worth it?” Let’s see in our TradingView review whether this platform is really deserving and worth your time and money.
What it is?
TradingView is a social network of more than thirty million traders and investors from across the world. It is a platform that ensures the world’s best charts and analysis tools to enable you to spot opportunities in global markets. If you want to follow your favorite assets, find unique trading ideas, spot trends, and chat with fellow traders or investors then TradingView is your ultimate destination.
TradingView was established a long time ago to transform the way people trade. The mission was to provide a platform where anyone, anywhere can achieve success through trading or investing. TradingView has astonishingly helped people avoid expensive trading terminals since then. It has established itself as the world’s first browser-based and cloud-powered analysis platform. To cut the long story short, if you have trading skills, it has all the necessary tools and data to help you pave your way to success.
How does it work?
TradingView honors its code of honor. It helps traders and investors navigate currents of chaos in global markets. TV helps them find innumerable opportunities in the markets and take those opportunities for successful trading. It provides all the information, data, analysis tools, etc. to help you. You don’t even need to sign up to access a wealth of information presented on the homepage.
Information about popular currency pairs, Dow, NASDAQ, and S&P 500 markets, trading ideas, newest stories, newsfeed, and much more is available on the homepage for free. Once you sign up for a free account, you also get access to basic charting features and the TradingView community. You can also upgrade free account to one of paid plans to enjoy more advanced features.
What are the main TradingView features?
TradingView review will be incomplete without reviewing TradingView’s main features. The platform offers a multitude of key features. You have access to multiple features for free. However, if you want to gain access to more advanced features, you have to choose from one of three paid plans.
1. TradingView Charts
I have never experienced such comfort and satisfaction before when using TradingView charts. They are phenomenal. TradingView charts are the biggest strength of this remarkable platform. They are simple, fast, sleek, smooth zooming in/out, comfortable to use, and give indescribable satisfaction. Whether you want to see the latest stock prices or analyze price patterns, TradingView charts make it really simple. Furthermore, the charts are equally beneficial for beginners and advanced traders. TradingView charts offer;
- 12 chart types – all types of charts such as Renko, Kagi, and Point & Figure, are customizable.
- Up to 8 charts per tab – plus, synchronization of symbols, drawings, and intervals.
- Bar replays – rewind and watch at the speed and resolution of the user’s choice.
- Spreads – allows user-defined custom formulas.
- Custom time intervals – any possible timeframes
2. TradingView Indicators
TradingView brings over hundred prebuilt most popular indicators and one hundred thousand plus community-built indicators. That is quite a huge library of technical indicators. Furthermore, the library is continuously updated and new indicators are added. Another astonishing fact about TV indicators is the ease of use. Instead of a long drop-down menu, you can browse through the whole library of indicators with a pop-up dialogue box when you click on the “Indicators” button. Those are the unique charting features you get nowhere else.
- More than a hundred most popular indicators
- More than one hundred thousand indicators were built by the community
- Volume profile indicators
3. TradingView Drawing Tools
TradingView offers splendid drawing tools to help you in your trading. Fifty plus intelligent tools make your technical analysis seamlessly easy. You can understand the technical aspects of the trading better with the help of these smart drawing tools. The following tools get you fully covered when conducting technical analysis.
- Lines and trends
- Geometrical shapes
4. TradingView Alerts
TradingView alerts are powerful, flexible, and easy to use. Powered by the smart Pine Script and cloud-based alerts become unmissable. The most prominent alerts features are:
- Available on all devices
- Twelve alert conditions
- Alerts on different triggers – indicators, strategies, price
- Powered by Pine Script – enabling you to develop and share your own strategies and indicators
- Push and webhook notifications
5. TradingView Fundamental Data
TradingView has an extensive database of fundamental data that helps you conduct effective financial analysis. You can make your fundamental analysis easy and effective when you have access to such a huge database covering all major stock markets.
- More than a hundred fundamental fields and ratios
- Financial statements
- Valuation analysis
- Historical data
- Coverage of global markets
6. TradingView Screener
Trading View offers one of the very best stock screeners available right now. It empowers traders and investors to make their investment decisions better and brighter. Trading View offers forex screener, crypto screener, stock market heat map, and crypto market heat map along with stock screener. TradingView covers more than ninety stock exchanges, hundred plus filters, multiple timeframes, and server-side alerts. All these features make it one of the most comprehensive screeners currently available in the market.
7. Other Features
TradingView is one of the most feature-rich platforms. It offers the following other splendid features.
- Covers all markets and enables you to trade on stocks, cryptocurrencies, forex, indices, futures, and bonds.
- Paper trading allows you to practice your trading strategies, execute trades, test tools, and learn.
- Live streams help you learn from experienced and professional investors and traders streaming their trading practices.
- Chat features enable you to learn from, discuss, and share ideas with other members of the TradingView community. You can also ask questions and seek help from professional moderators of the community.
How much does TradingView costs? Its pricing explained!
Trading View offers three plans, with a free trial of 30 days, so that you can choose one that fulfills your needs. You can also start with a free basic account to get familiar with the platform before choosing a paid plan. Each plan comes with different key benefits.
- Pro – $14.95 per month or $155 per year
- Pro + – $29.95 per month or $299 per year
- Premium – $59.95 per month or $599 per year
- One of the most versatile platforms
- Simple, fast, sleek, smooth zooming in/out, and comfortable to use charts
- A huge library of indicators consisting of popular and community-built indicators
- Great collection of trading tools
- One of the best stock and forex screeners
- Fully functional mobile app
- Access to several remarkable features through a free plan
- Affordable pricing plans
- Unsatisfactory customer support services as compared to industry standards
- Very limited broker support
What kind of trader is it best for?
TradingView is one of the most versatile trading platforms. It is a platform that offers a lot for both, beginners and advanced traders and investors. However, the free plan with limited features suits investors and long-term swing traders. Investors and long-term traders need only a few indicators and other key features. Conversely, medium to short-term traders needs more indicators and advanced features. Therefore, they need to subscribe to paid plans in order to make the most of TradingView.
TradingView Review Summary
In this TradingView review, we have analyzed different features and what it brings for traders and investors. It is also a captivating platform because of having a user-friendly interface and mobile app.
Pricing plans of TradingView are also very much affordable. Its free plan is one of the most enticing aspects. You can experience fascinating charts, free indicators, and several other tools for free. You can access lots of data for free on the homepage.
However, there are a few drawbacks of TradingView as well. You will find the support of only a few brokers on the platform. TradingView also pays little attention to customer support. You can get customer support only through the inbox and sometimes you receive late replies. Moreover, the screening capabilities of TradingView are well below the industry’s leading screeners such as TradeIdeas.
In short, TradingView is one of the very best platforms despite having a couple of big disadvantages. However, the platform has plenty to take your investing and trading to next level. Thus, we can say “yes.” TradingView is really worth your time and money.
Want to signup now for FREE?
Click here to register on TradingView now!