Acheiving profitability with trading is a complex endeavor.
It requires aspiring (and successful) traders to acquire and master multiple very different skills.
What should you start with?
What are the best trading resources you should have?
That’s what the Roadmap for Successful Trading is all about!
The full roadmap image is available for download but make sure to come back to this page periodically so you can get the roadmap updated to its last ultimate version.
Click on the thumbnail to get the full size Roadmap:
In addition to the overall roadmap, here are the best curated resources for each step on the roadmap.
Also, feel free to send us your best trading resources with they are missing from our list (you can do it simply by using our contact form).
👓 Clarify your purpose & vision
- The Importance of Managing Your Forex Trading Expectations: trading-education.com
- How to Set Up Effective Trading Goals: dailyfx.com
- Unrealistic Trading Expectations: How to Get Real: stockstotrade.com
- Effective Habits of Successful Traders: Why Do I Trade?: danielstrading.com
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Start Forex Trading: techmae.com
- The 7 Brutal Truths: Why You Should Not Be a Trader: tradingwithrayner.com
- How Much Can You Make as a Day Trader?: investopedia.com
⚖️ Understand the markets
- How The Economic Machine Works by Ray Dalio: youtube.com
- How Does the Stock Market Work?: investopedia.com
- How Is an Economy Formed and Why Does It Grow?: investopedia.com
- The US Economy and How It Works: thebalance.com
📦 Understand your securities / assets
- Securities and Their Effect on the U.S. Economy: thebalance.com
- Types of Security: corporatefinanceinstitute.com
- What Are Stocks and How Do They Work?: nerdwallet.com
- Exchange Traded Fund (ETF): investopedia.com
- What Bonds Are, How They Work, & What They Say About the Economy: thebalance.com
- Derivatives, With Their Risks and Rewards: thebalance.com
- All our articles about the different asset classes
🧭 Setup your trading strategy
- Candlestick patterns
- The Candlestick Trading Bible online course
- Classic chart patterns
- Harmonic patterns
📉 Apply money & risk management
- Quick Guide to Mastering the Risk/Reward Ratio: patternswizard.com
- 9 Tips That Will Improve Your Risk Management: tradeciety.com
- Risk Management Techniques for Active Traders: investopedia.com
- Tackling Risk With Portfolio Diversification: admiralmarkets.com
🗺️ Define your trading plan
- 10 Steps to Building a Winning Trading Plan: investopedia.com
- What is a Trading Plan?: babypips.com
- How to create a trading plan: currency.com
- 16 Steps on Building a Trading Plan That Will Earn You a Living: mytradingskills.com
🧰 Choose your broker & tools
Selecting your broker
- How to choose a stock broker: the-international-investor.com
- The Complete Guide to Choosing an Online Stock Broker: investopedia.com
- How to Choose the Best Online Broker: nerdwallet.com
Trading websites & tools you should know
⏪ Backtest your trading strategy
- Backtesting: The method to check your strategy: patternswizard.com
- Detailled statistics about how technical analysis works: patternswizard.com
⏩ Forward test your trading strategy
- Pros and Cons of Paper Trading: investopedia.com
- Paper Trading Apps: Experience Investing without Risking your Money: investorjunkie.com
🧘 Practice self-control & manage your emotions
- Trading in the zone, Mark Douglas: amazon.fr
- The 235 Best Trading Quotes Of All Time: patternswizard.com
- A Guide to Trading Psychology: dailyfx.com
- How To Master Trading Psychology And Discipline: medium.com
- Trading Psychology – 11 Things that Separate Winners from Losers: tradingsim.com
- 6 Trading Psychology Books to Improve Market Strategies: thebalance.com
- All our articles about trading psychology and emotions
📋 Log your trading journey in your journal
- Why You Should Keep a Trading Journal: iqoption.com
- Everything You Need To Know About Getting a Trading Journal: finextra.com
- Trading Journal: What it is and How to Create One: dailyfx.com
- 5 Best Trading Journals and How to Journal Successfully: stocktrader.com
🔥 Go live!
Scale your trading
Your trading system seems promising?
Now is time to scale up and make sure everything remains in place.
Your journal and focus will help!
Keep learning after these studying these best trading resources and practice!
You can learn everything you need to stack the odds in favor of your trading success by looking at the statistics of every technical analysis pattern on our site.